Know the Rules
Luther Cubs will:
- Come to school to learn, and allow others to learn
- Be on time, be prepared, and work to the best of our ability
- Be respectful, courteous, and helpful to others
- Resolve conflicts peacefully
- Be responsible for our own words and behavior
- Respect our school and its property
- Students will wear shoes with backs. Flip-flops or open-backed shoes are not allowed for safety reasons. Shoes with “wheels” are not allowed.
- Students shall be clean and neat while attending school. Clothing that has pictures or writing that can be considered as vulgar, gang related, or condones alcohol/drugs is not allowed at school.
- Straps on all tops and dresses should be at least 1 inch wide. Halter tops/dresses are not permitted.
- Short shirts showing bare stomach are not allowed at school.
- Skirts and shorts should be at fingertip length or longer.
- Any hair style, piercing, tattooing, or clothing that causes a disruption to the educational environment is not allowed at school.
- Purses are not allowed at school.
- Cell Phones must be kept turned off in backpack.
- Halloween Costumes: Children may only wear “friendly” costumes (no masks, blood, or weapons).
School Arrival and Dismissal Expectations
- Observe all school rules to and from home and school.
- Students should arrive no earlier than 7:30 a.m.
- Students should wait quietly and in an orderly fashion outside the cafeteria for the breakfast line.
- Students should not be in hallways, bathrooms, etc. prior to 7:30 a.m. when there is no campus supervision.
- Walk all bikes and scooters until you reach Pennington Rd.
- In the back dismissal area, students should use the cul-de-sac gate only. Students should not be in the back staff parking area.
School Arrival and Dismissal Expectations cont’d
- Kindergarten students must be picked up at the school or the bus stop by an adult. Guardians picking kindergartners up at the bus stop must present the child’s photo ID card. Authorizations for older students to pick up kindergarten students must have prior approval from the Luther Office.
- Walk quietly to and from the cafeteria.
- Never flick or throw food.
- Please keep all food inside the cafeteria.
- No bottles or glass is allowed in the cafeteria.
- Sodas and caffeinated beverages are not allowed at school.
- Good behavior and respect for students, adults and property are expected at all times or students will be moved to an isolated table.
- Enter the classroom quietly and keep voices at an acceptable level.
- Listen carefully and follow directions.
- Be polite to all.
- Respect others and keep hands and feet to themselves.
- Raise your hand when you would like to speak and wait their turn.
- Only leave the classroom when permission has been given.
Homework bridges school and home. It is an important part of teaching students responsibility and accountability. To help students improve their study habits, consider these homework suggestions:
- Have a definite time and place for homework.
- Choose a place that is quiet and has good light.
- Gather materials needed for homework before beginning.
- Read directions carefully.
- Focus on quality work.
- Have parents or older siblings check work after it is completed.
- Check-in with your child periodically.
- We walk in the hallways.
- We play only on the playground areas, not in the hallways or bathrooms.
- Bikes, Skateboards, etc., are not to be ridden on school grounds.
- Frisbees, Bats, Balls, Marbles, Game Cards, and other Toys are not allowed at school, unless they are brought in for “Show and Tell” or for some other approved purpose.
- We do not play and games which may become too rough such as wrestling, tackling, and tug-of-war.
- We do not do cartwheels, handstands, flips, or other gymnastics-type activities at school.
- We do not kick Red Balls or Basketballs. Yellow Balls, Footballs and Soccer Balls can be kicked on the grass but not on the blacktop.
- We do not climb or spin on corridor poles.
- We do not throw anything that might hurt another person.
- We do not stand upright on the top of any piece of equipment, and we never attempt to jump off.
- We never do dangerous tricks on the playground equipment.
- We do not play in “Off Limit Areas” - behind the Cafeteria, between the classroom wings, in front of the school, etc.
- We stay on the playground area side of the yellow lines at recess and at lunch time.
- We carry balls and other equipment until we are on the playground.
- We stop playing immediately after the freeze bell rings. We are to walk to our class lines.
- We do not bring I-Pods or electronic games to school.
- We use courteous and respectful language with others.
- We let other students play games currently in play.
- We never hit another person.
- We never wear hats in the classrooms, the office or the cafeteria.
- We always obey the rules and are respectful to the adult in charge.
- We never eat candy or chew gum at school.
- We follow the rules on all play structures.
- Tag games are played on the field only.
Students are to use the restrooms appropriately and leave immediately. Student should not wait for friends or use it as a play area. Expectations for restrooms are:
- Students use their assigned grade level restroom only at all times unless instructed differently by a staff member.
- Keep water in the sink and do not splash.
- Feet should stay on the floor and do not climb stalls, etc.
- Give students privacy.
- Use quiet voices.
- Wash hands and leave immediately when done.
- Report any misbehavior or issues to the adult on duty.
Transportation to and from school is provided to children as a service. Riding the bus is a privilege, not a right. Any student whose conduct on the bus is not acceptable may have the privilege of riding the bus revoked.
The bus driver needs to operate the bus as safely as possible. Students are to be quiet and orderly and are to cooperate with the bus driver and the bus duty aides. Please follow these rules when waiting for the bus:
- Students may play on the playground, following all rules, until their bus is called.
- Students will form an orderly line for their bus.
- Students will walk down the hall to the bus loading area quietly, as not to disturb after school classes or teachers.
- Follow all bus rules.
- Written permission from the parent/guardian is required for students to get off at a different stop, to ride a different route, or accompany a friend. The note must be approved by the Luther Office.
- We follow posted rules for games played.